Sunday, April 29, 2012

Re: a soldier's motivation

I think the most common reasons would be money related in case their financial situation isn't very good and education benefits, so it's easier to go through college, but I think that many people also join because of their loyalty for their country. I'm sure that just like in the civil war, people have even joined for adventure or because they're bored. It may even be a family tradition for some people. I think the reasons that motivate people to go to war are always about the same. I don't believe that the military is worth the risk because war is a really scary and it's not something easy to deal with. There's also the fact none of the reasons above have much effect in my life, but I would join the military during a war if the opposing side had hurt someone in my family or killed them. I doubt I would have joined during the civil war because, first of all, i'm a girl, and as i said before, war isn't something easy. Then or now. If did become a soldier I think the hardest thing for me would be killing another person, knowing that probably someone is hoping they come back safe and then there is also the physical training....

No comments:

Post a Comment