Sunday, April 29, 2012

Joining the Military Response

      Nowadays, men and women join the army to usually to serve their country, or to the pay off student loans, or to travel and see the world a bit out of their boring normal day life. These reasons were pretty much alike the reasons as back then. People were bored of their normal everyday life and wanted to seek adventure by joining the army and to serve their country. In my opinion, it is worth it to join the military. Even though your life is on the line, you are serving for your country's cause. You are also protecting the people of your country which is a great honor to have. It is always better to think about others rather than yourself. However, that is only if you have what it takes to survive the harsh training and face the difficult challenges.
      During the civil war, I would not have joined the army. I lack the strength and courage to put my life on the line even for my country. Life there is harsh and dangerous and you could even die before even going to the battlefield! Something hard for me would be separating from my family and physical training. Training in the army is harsh to prepare you for the battlefield. I can hardly do one correct push-up so there would be no way that I would be able to survive military training. The hardest thing to know for me is that I may die on the battlefield. And knowing me, I was never built for the life of a military. However, I would try to help the military in any way I can. Like supplying them with food, clothes, and any other supplies they would need. Because I am scared of risking my life on the battlefield, I would try to help the soldiers by supplying them so their life on the training ground isn't so dangerous that you might die even before the real fight begins.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that men and women join the army to serve their country or for the money, but I don't agree with people wanting to join the army because of boredom. It will have to take more than that for someone to want to join the army. There are many hardships and dangers to being in the military, so I don't think people would risk their life for that reason. I think most people would rather stick to their everyday life than to go through the difficulties of being in the military.

    ReplyDelete