Sunday, May 13, 2012

Glory

The movie "Glory" was a wonderful movie. It had many controversial topics that they portrayed very well. I think the most surprising part of the whole movie was when they killed both Trip and Col. Shaw, in very few movies do they kill off two of the main characters. I think that just goes to show how realistic they tried to make this movie. This movie brought a lot of topics that many movies would not dare touch. It made me think about how other black regiments were treated after this first one. We got a glimpse of that when they were burning down that village in Georgia, but I think there were many other regiments that might have been like the 54th of Massachusetts. To me this was a very realistic movie, they definitely did not cut out anything that people might find offense. I think they did this so that we would really know what it felt like for some of these soldiers not just a nice sweet interpretation. I believe that the experience for many of the African Americans in the war was not that great. Often they did not even get to fight, which is what they thought they would do when they signed up. Also, as showed in the beginning of the movie, they were not given the best supplies and necessities, like shoes and even uniforms. Overall this was a wonderful movie that gave a new meaning to the what life was like for black soldiers, even on the Union side.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you how the movie showed things people might not like to see but the truth the really happened for reals. I really was appreciated that form the movie that we are not blinded and tricked by seeing the things that people want to see but things that really happened.

    ReplyDelete