Sunday, May 13, 2012

"Glory" Reflection

I think that the movie "Glory" was very accurate and on-point with their facts and real life scenarios in the movie. What surprised me the the most in the movie, was that the regiment actually got to fight. In the beginning, it wasn't looking too good for them, in chances to be able to fight in a war. Shaw's dedication to the men in his regiment really made me think, usually a leader in the Civil War would care less about any African-American person, let alone a solider. This shows that Shaw, first of all wasn't racist, he never brutally hurt them physically or emotionally. And this also shows that no matter what circumstances or kind of men he had by his side, he was determined to win the war. I think that this movie was realistic, in most ways.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, that I was very surprised when the 54th regiment actually got to fight, considering the fact that they were a colored regiment.

    ReplyDelete