Monday, May 14, 2012

"Glory" Reflection

I did enjoy watching the movie "Glory". Many things surprised me in this movie and caught my attention, like how the African- American soldiers decided to stay and fight even though they could possibly have severe consequences for being a colored regiment. I learned that many African-American soldiers expected the "soldier life" to be a great life full of adventure, but when they finally got there, it was not what they expected. The experiences they had were very tough, only because they were colored and it was difficult for them to show that they were trained enough to fight as well as the white men, and possibly even better. I think this movie seemed pretty realistic, except I don't believe that Colonel Shaw in real life would be that supportive and believe that his men could really pull together and fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment