Sunday, May 13, 2012

"Glory" Response


I'm very glad we watched the movie "Glory" because I learned a lot and I now think differently of how it was like for the African-Americans back then. I was surprised the African-Americans were friends with some of the white, or attended fancy events. I honestly thought the African-Americans were ignored back then. I was also surprised that so many African-Americans joined the army, I thought only a few joined. I learned a lot from this movie, like how the African-Americans would keep their culture and sing spirituals to keep each other strong, and how white soldiers would sometimes befriend black soldiers. I thought the movie was realistic. There wasn't much of that Hollywood drama or exaggeration put into the movie, so that made the movie feel real.  

No comments:

Post a Comment